Your living room is one of the most important spaces within your home. It is a social hub where families come together to watch reruns of their favourite TV shows or open presents on special occasions. It’s also one of the spaces where you are most likely to entertain guests – whether you’re hosting a dinner party or sipping coffee. As a result, it’s also one of the areas we spend the most time decorating (or redecorating).
However, it’s important to remember that good decorating is all in the details. For example, a framed art print can:
- Add a touch of sophistication to your living room, especially if you opt for a classical painting.
- Bring colour and light into your home.
- Serve as a statement piece, creating an interesting focal point for your living room.
That being said, if you aren’t a curator or an artist yourself, it can be hard to know precisely which frames you should choose. But that’s where WallPictureArt comes in – offering a stunning collection of carefully curated and themed artwork to inspire every setting, including your living room.
With that in mind, here are some just some of the pieces that would look great in any living room.
Art Deco Artwork
Art Deco artwork has never been more popular in recent years. Here are some of the trending pieces within this genre.
Harold Williamson was a Painter, draughtsman, etcher and teacher, born Manchester and studied at its School of Art. One of his more celebrated paintings is “Spray”, which happens to be trending with us most months.
Tamara de Lempicka Prints
Tamara de Lempicka is an artist who was known for her unique contributions to the Art Deco era. While these works were created close to 100 years ago, they have a certain timeless quality that allows them to blend seamlessly into any contemporary home. For example, the Young Lady With Gloves print is both elegant and refined and will be the envy of all of your guests. Alternatively, her most famous print Self-Portrait is also available.
While both prints look excellent as stand-alone prints, there are also a wide range of complementary frames available.
Fine Art Prints
Fine art prints are another excellent choice of decor for your living room due to the fact that they add a touch of refinement into the space. If you’re looking to create a soothing or relaxing atmosphere, then you might want to select fine art prints that feature the ocean, such as A Sunbeam Over The Sea (1890) or Bateaux Devant Les Falaises De Pourville 1882.
You can take these paintings to the next level by choosing a frame or mount board that features complementary colours, such as blue or white. There are also a wide range of frame styles on offer, such as box, standard, swoop or vintage frames – meaning there’s something for every style preference.
Botanical Art Prints
Botanical prints are available in a wide range of colours and styles – whether you’re looking for a pop of colour or something a little more simplistic and chic. However, they make a great choice of living room decor because floral or botanical patterns are often associated with feelings of relaxation and serenity. This means that they can be used to create a calming atmosphere within your home, perfect for when you want to sit back and relax.
Sometimes, when selecting artwork, buyers choose to shy away from botanical prints as they favour simplicity – but there are plenty of simplistic botanical prints on offer. For example, you could bring some sparkle and glamour into your living room with Gold Maple Leaf by Alyson Fennel or The White Dahlia
How to choose the right print for your home.
With hundreds of stylish and artistic prints, mounts and frames on offer, it can sometimes be hard to find the right fit for your home. However, these top tips might make it easier for you to make the right decision.
- Think about the style of your living room. In order to ensure that your artwork blends seamlessly with the rest of your home, ensure that you pick a print that matches the style or aesthetic you have created. For example, fine art prints look excellent in sleek and simplistic rooms.
- Choose colours that complement your furniture or walls. By matching the colours in your furniture, wallpaper or paint to your artwork, you’ll be able to create a room that looks as though it was designed by expert interior designers.
- Think about the size of the print. Our prints are available in a wide range of sizes – and it’s important that you make the right decision when selecting the size of artwork you wish to hang in your home. For example, larger prints often look better in larger rooms, where they do not take up too much space.